STUDENT ENRICHMENT PROGRAMMES
Annual Science and Maths Exhibition
Annual Science and Maths Exhibition cum Competition ‘Quest 2017’ was organised in the school on 19th August 2017. The theme was ‘Science, Technology and Innovation’. Conservation Club, Integrity Club and Health Club Exhibits were also displayed. The young scientist of Lok Puram Public School made wonderful and innovative projects and models on different themes. The Exhibition was adjudged by eminent Parent Judges: Mr.Pankanj Nere, Mr. Dinesh Borde, Mrs.Sujata Lal and Mrs.Parul Pailwan
Motivational Session by the Toppers of the School
A Motivational Session by the Toppers of the school of 2016-17 batch was conducted on 1st July 2017. The session was organized in order to benefit the students presently studying in Std X with some worthy inputs & tips to prepare for the BoardExamination. The session started with an inspiring address by the school Principal Dr.LipikaChandra.She stressed on the values of hard work and sincere studies in order to achieve the goals in life, picking examples from great leaders & entrepreneurs of the world.
Thereafter the school Toppers Swati Rastogi, Sankalp Bhadoria ,Bipasha Parui and Prabuddha Gope briefed the students about the plans and strategies that they had followed throughout the year. They emphasized on the fact that there is no substitute for hard work and studies should be balanced with other curricular activities with a positive approach. Beside this, it was reiterated that Time Management is of utmost importance.
- A Career Guidance workshop for Std X was conducted by Rtn J.B. Kabra on22nd August 2107. This was followed by an Aptitude Test organized in the school on 17th September 2017.Personal one to one counseling will be held on 13th 2017 (tentative).
- A workshop on ‘Active citizenship’ was conducted by Tata Power Club Energi on25th September, 2017 for students of Std VI to VIII. Mrs. Grishma Thakkar was the Resource Person.
The objective of the workshop was to Sensitize the students towards‘Active citizenship’.
The children were shown ways to minimize electricity wastage & to avoid wastage of water. They were told about ‘Child Labour’ and were advised to call the police if they see something serious happening. The Emergency Helpline numbers were given to the students.
- The following Workshops were conducted by NIE for Students of Std VI to X from2nd to 8th Aug’17on the topics like Self Observation, Handling Emotions, Success and Failures, Relationship with Parents & Positive Thinking.
ORIENTATION FOR PARENTS
• An Orientation Programme on ‘Rational Parenting-an Effective Tool for Parents’ was organized on 22nd June 2017 for parents of Std X. Mrs. JayshreeBolar& Mr. AshutoshBhadoria, Parents of School Toppers & recipients of 10 CGPA and the School Counsellor were the Resource Persons. They suggested the parents to show faith in the abilities of their wards so that they face the upcoming challenges with confidence.
• Orientation Program for parents of Std VI to X was also organized in respective classrooms on 22nd April 2017 to update them of new assessment pattern of CBSE effective from Academic Session 2017-18.